新闻中心
NEWS CATEGORIES
我出生在上海
I was born in Shanghai
五岁时我们搬到了香港
and we moved to Hong Kong when / was five.
作为一个上海人
Being a Shanghainese fish out of water
我在香港粤语区生活得很不自在
in Cantonese Hong Kong,
当时周围也没有什么
there wasn't much for kids to do
小孩子可供玩乐的事情
in my neighborhood when 1 grew up.
我们住在一个叫尖沙咀的地方
We live in an area called Tsim Sha Tsui,
那是一个旅游区
which was a tourist area.
附近有很多电影院
There were many cinemas around.
我妈妈喜欢电影
And my mother liked film,
所以她几乎每天
so she brought me there
都带我去看电影
almost every day.
这样一来
So at least for two hours,
我们可以离开家
we could leave behind
待至少两个小时
where we were.
那时候
Back then,
还不存在世界电影的概念
the idea of world cinema didn’t exist.
我们看的是
We watched films
不同类型和不同语言的电影
of different genres and languages
我看过粤语电影
Cantonese
普通话电影
Mandarin,
好莱坞电影
Hollywood productions,
甚至是欧洲电影
And even European cinema.
这些我都很喜欢
L enjoyed them all
我想成为那个世界的其中一员
That was the world I wanted to be a part of.
也许这就是我最终
Maybe that's the reason
成为电影制作人的原因
why 1 eventually became a filmmaker.